Students in this course will focus on theories and research in the area of teaching and learning grammar. Theoretical knowledge will, of course, constantly be linked to practical issues of classroom teaching.
- discuss theories of L2 grammar learning/acquisition.
- take a close look at the role of (teaching) grammar in a communicative EFL classroom (including the regulations set down in the curriculum).
- talk about different ways to introduce, practice and asses grammar.
- analyze and develop classroom material and lesson plans (including textbooks and video material).
- discuss different ways of dealing with heterogeneity and individualization.