- Understanding the characteristics of semiconductor lasers
- Horizontal cavity DFB lasers
- Electrical pumping
- Optical output power
- Optical modes in diode lasers
- Wavelength shift due to temperature change and injection current variation
What you will gain from the practicum
- You will learn the fundamentals of semiconductor lasers – how they work, what influences their characteristics and what makes a laser beam different from the beam of a flashlight. It gives quick understanding about laser-based novel applications such as optical communication.
- Valuable documentation of the results.
- Team-based working experience in a modern research environment.
Detailed description can also be referred in the following link on INA-website:
Please note that the deadlines and kick-off meeting will be updated for each semester accordingly.